Browse » home» » » » » Canon Copier ImageClass MF6530

Canon Copier ImageClass MF6530

I bought the Canon Copier ImageClass MF6530 to replace a Copystar that had unfortunately ended its useful life. The Copystar served me faithfully for many years until the engine died and it wouldn’t even wake up.

I chose the MF6530 because I trust the Canon name and it offered just about everything I needed from a device. The main reason was the almost instant response when I wanted to use it. It uses the same lower power technology that most electronics do now, with a low power ‘standby’ mode. Canon RAPID toner enables it to warm up almost instantly, certainly within a couple of seconds and is ready for use.

It processes my work at a rate of 23 pages per minute, whatever type of printing or copying I need doing. My stuff is mainly text but there are occasions when I print images or graphs, and the MF6530 doesn’t even blink. The built-in duplexer enables it to print double sided, which is handy for when I print leaflets or handouts. The automatic document feeder also means I can dump a load of copying into it and leave it to it. This simple, effective operation is what I paid for. I don’t want to have to stand over a machine and hand feed it paper, or make sure it’s working properly.

Apart from the quick response, the print quality is also something that made me choose this model over the competition. As I said, I often print leaflets and some of them can be quite image intensive. The MF6530 takes them all in its stride and produces a great quality print or copy. The grayscale makes them almost look colored, and are definitely accurate to the original when making copies. There is no visible banding or artifacts when I do mine at least. All prints look good enough to share with clients and staff alike.

The MF6530 comes with a scanner and fax too, but I don’t use them much. I tested them both when I first got the machine and they worked like a charm. The scanner copies in color and can do so across the USB to my computer. The fax is a G3, which is the fastest out there and sent a test sheet in a little under 3 seconds.

I like my MF6530, it does what I want it to do without any fuss or problems.
Advertisement